Staying at a Disney resort is frequently more expensive than the surrounding hotels in the Orlando area. However, their resorts come with certain perks. One of these is a complimentary (included in the room price) airport transfer service, known as Magical Express. After seeing some horror stories online from Disney vacationers about their experiences with it, I was concerned that the service wasn’t worth it anymore. I have used Magical Express multiple times, without any problems at all, but decided to track my most recent experience in detail to see if something had changed. Here’s how it went:
- Flew into Orlando International Airport on Southwest Airlines and landed at 10:10AM.
- Stopped at the restroom and a gift shop for a bottle of water.
- Checked in to Magical Express and departed on our bus at 11:00AM.
- The bus stopped at Old Key West and Port Orleans French Quarter, before arriving at my resort, Port Orleans Riverside, at 11:45AM.
- Bypassed check-in at the front desk because I checked in online ahead of time. The My Disney Experience app was not showing my room number yet so I hopped on the boat at my resort and went to Disney Springs for lunch at Paddlefish.
- Received a notification on My Disney Experience that my room was ready at 1:30PM. The notification included my room number and a map of the resort. I went straight to my room after lunch and entered using my MagicBand.
- Called Luggage Services upon arrival to my room and my bags were delivered within 15 minutes.
I’d call this experience an all-out success. What more could I have wanted? I’m sure there are instances when Magical Express has not worked smoothly, but I have five round-trip transfers in the books at various resorts and all have delivered as expected. This service is still a huge perk in my eyes. Do you anticipate using it on your next trip?